Kentucky Registered Agent Services
- Do you operate a business with Kentucky domestic corporation, LLC, or any other form of business?
- Do you operate a business within Kentucky as a foreign (organized under the laws of another state) corporation, LLC, or any other form of business?
If you answered yes to either question, Kentucky law (KRS Chapter 14A and 271B, 273, 274, 275, 362 or 386) requires you to have a registered agent (also called statutory agent and process agent in other states).
Kentucky Registered Agents by Kentucky Virtual Mailbox
Kentucky registered agents must have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the Commonwealth of Kentucky where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail. This location is called a registered office. A registered agent accepts legal documents, process services by the court or law enforcement, and official mail (service of process) during normal business hours.
Who May Service As A Kentucky Registered Agent
In order to serve as your business' registered agent, your nominee must have a physical address (not just a PO box) in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and be available during normal business hours.
In addition to these qualifications, your registered agent must also be:
- a legal resident/citizen of Kentucky, or
an entity that’s authorized to conduct business in the Commonwealth.
- While a business cannot serve as its own registered agent, it is permissible for a member of your LLC to assume this role. Most Kentucky business owners choose to either act as their own registered agent or hire a professional service.
Advantages of Using Kentucky Virtual Mailbox
- Privacy: Your registered agent’s address will be listed on the public record -- not your personal or office address. This is especially important to consider if your business operates out of your home.
- Convenience: If you choose to act as your own registered agent, you will need to be available to receive official notices during standard business hours at the address you provide. Hiring a professional registered agent allows you to keep a flexible schedule.
- Discretion: If your business is ever sued, your registered agent will notify you immediately and discreetly. No need to worry about getting served in front of your employees, or worse -- your customers.
- Peace of mind: A professional registered agent service will send you regular compliance reminders and notify you of any requirements needed to keep your Kentucky business in good standing.