Kentucky Registered Agent
- Do you operate a business with Kentucky domestic corporation, LLC, or any other form of business?
- Do you operate a business within Kentucky as a foreign (organized under the laws of another state) corporation, LLC, or any other form of business?
If you answered yes to either question, Kentucky law (KRS Chapter 14A and 271B, 273, 274, 275, 362 or 386) requires you to have a registered agent (also called statutory agent and process agent in other states).
- Businesses (foreign and domestic) must have a registered agent. The Kentucky Registered Agent must be a Kentucky citizen or a corporation that provides registered agent services. Kentucky registered agents must have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the Commonwealth of Kentucky where they can accept legal documents (service of process from a Sheriff, Constable, or other process servers) and official mail.
Kentucky Registered Agent: Legal Reasons to have an Independent (non-employee) registered agent. →
Kentucky Virtual Mailbox & Registered Agent Services provides you with a principal office address and a registered agent address:
Principal Office: Kentucky businesses must have a principal office (not to be confused with the registered agent). You may use your virtual digital mailbox address with us as your principal office address.
Registered Agent: Registered agents must have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the Commonwealth of Kentucky where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail. A registered agent accepts legal documents, process services by the court or law enforcement, and official mail (service of process) during normal business hours.
- Starting a business in Kentucky? If you are starting a business in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, you do not need an attorney or online legal service, you may use the Kentucky One Stop Business Portal to start your business, register for taxes and everything else the Kentucky government requires of business for FREE from the Commonwealth of Kentucky's One Stop Business Portal.
- You will need to purchase one of our virtual digital mailboxes and our registered agent services prior to beginning your business.
Advantages of Using Kentucky Virtual Mailbox & Registered Agent Services:
Often, to save money, companies based in Kentucky (not an option for companies not based in Kentucky) choose to designate an employee as their agent for service of process. If that employee were to be on vacation, sick, or otherwise out of the office, critical Service of Process and annual report notices may not be received and processed, which can result in serious legal consequences for the company.
However, with Kentucky Virtual Mailbox & Registered Agent Services, you get:
- Privacy: Your registered agent’s address will be listed on the public record -- not your personal or office address. This is especially important to consider if your business operates out of your home.
- Convenience: If you choose to act as your own registered agent, you will need to be available to receive official notices during standard business hours at the address you provide. Hiring a professional registered agent allows you to keep a flexible schedule.
- Discretion: If your business is ever sued, your registered agent will notify you immediately and discreetly. No need to worry about getting served in front of your employees, or worse -- your customers.
- Peace of mind: As a professional service, will send you regular compliance reminders and notify you of any requirements needed to keep your Kentucky business in good standing.
You must be logged in to post a comment.